On MacOS versions of StyleEase, you need only click Enable Macros once, when creating your first StyleEase document, to allow StyleEase software products to run; thereafter, you won't be asked again.
On Windows versions of StyleEase, you must enable our macros to use StyleEase. We recommend that you set Word's security settings to only enable macros that have been digitally signed, and to then trust our certificate. You need to follow these steps:
Trusting StyleEase (Word 2007/2010)
Follow the steps below, or view our Flash video of trusting StyleEase in Word 2007/Word 2010. You only need to perform these steps one time on your computer; thereafter, Word will automatically allow any StyleEase documents to run without requiring extra steps.
- Open Word's options screen:
- in Word 2010, click the File menu, then click the Options button
- in Word 2007, click the Office button (upper left corner of the Word Window), then click the Options button.
- Open the Trust Center settings:click Trust Center in the Options screen, then click Trust Center Settings.
- Click Disable all macros except digitally signed macros. This tells Word that you only want to allow macros in documents that have been verified by an outside authority like Thawte.
- Exit the options screen by clicking OK.
- To test whether the macros are successfully enabled, create a new StyleEase document from the Windows Start Menu.
If Word displays a warning message, close the message.
If you see the Options button in the Security Warning in Word's toolbar, tell Word to trust StyleEase:
- click the Options button
- select Trust all documents from this publisher, and click OK
If you do not see the Options button in Word's toolbar, tell Word to trust StyleEase manually
- Once again, navigate to Word’s Trust Center Settings (see steps 1 and 2)
- Click Trusted Locations
- Click Add new location, then click the Browse button
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\StyleEase
- Click OK to add the location, then click OK two more times
- Exit Word and create a new StyleEase document from your Start menu.
Trusting StyleEase (Word 2000/2003)
Word displays a security warning when you first create a StyleEase document:
Select the Always trust macros option, and then click Enable Macros.